Posted by : Amiko Pieris Dec 9, 2010




Jenny Matlock


KUE NATAL
Christmas Cake and Cookies



Kue Natal is Indonesian language for Christmas Cake.
and Kue Natal in Indonesian language can also means Christmas Cookies



Christmas cake is a type of fruitcake served at Christmas time in many countries, 
including in Indonesia.


A Christmas cake may be light or dark, crumbly-moist to sticky-wet, spongy to heavy, leavened or unleavened, shaped round, square or oblong as whole cakes, fairy cakes, or petit fours, with marzipan, icing, glazing, dusting with icing sugar, or plain, etc.


A particular favourite of many is the traditional Scottish Christmas cake, the Whisky Dundee. 
It is a light and crumbly cake, and light on fruit and candied peel—only currants, raisins, sultanas and cherries.


In Germany, stollen, a traditional German fruitcake, is popular. During the Christmas season, it's also called Weihnachtsstollen or Christstollen


In Japan, Christmas cakes are traditionally eaten on Christmas Eve. They are simply a sponge cake, frosted with whipped cream, often decorated with strawberries, and usually topped with Christmas chocolates or other seasonal fruit.


In Indonesia, we have a cake name Lapis Legit.
It is common in Christian, Islam and Chines festive.


Don't forget the Gingerbread.
 In the United States, this form of gingerbread is sometimes 
called "gingerbread cake" to distinguish it from the harder forms; 
as in England it is typically served in winter, but it is particularly associated with Christmas.



Here are some of Christmas Cake and Cookies Designs and Decorations, 
I found in Google.
Please click the pictures for it's source.





























© All pictures are copyright of their owners.
Just click the pictures to see it's source.

{ 10 ♥comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I am sure I gained five pounds looking at all those fabulous pictures. Everything looks so wonderful but, I must confess, after I saw the word MARZIPAN, I could think of nothing else. It is my favorite thing - I can just eat it straight,in pastries, in candy, frosting...however. Now, I'm assuming none of your Indonesian sweets are spicy with sambal sauce ( which I love, too ). Indonesian cooking is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful language lesson! Now I'm starving after looking at all those luscious cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know where all those yummy treats have their origins!

    I think I have to go bake something now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning on starting my Christmas baking tomorrow...

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just had my sugar fix for the rest of the year! What a wonderful collection of Cakes and Cookies in many languages! A very informative and inspiring post for the Letter K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KREATIVE and cute,
    wow.
    lovely treats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm itching to get in the kitchen. :-) Although I'm sure mine won't be as much of a masterpiece as these. My grandaughter would like the crocheted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So festive! So colorful! So delicious! Kue Natal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetly, beautiful link to Alphabe-Thursday!

    I love all these glorious cakes and cookies. Some seem so different from what I know, but others are just beautifully different.

    Thanks for sharing this fun look at Christmas treats from your side of the world.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

╰ღ╮I love comments. So please feel free to drop your comment, and I will reply it in my free time... thank you so much! ╭ღ╯

- Copyright © Days of Eomma - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -